HealthCorps Ambassador Rocco DiSpirito presents Gloria Steinem with an 80th birthday cake.
Try this delicious sugar-free recipe that was a hit at our Savory Garden Gala!
We are happy to have Rocco DiSpirito as an ambassador for our organization! You can visit his Amazon.com page for important news and updates — including information about his new book: http://ow.ly/tAW9y
Want a hearty dinner without the calories? Try this chicken-parm remake! Dr. Oz joins chef Rocco DiSpirito to whittle the fat and calories from this classic dish.
Rehearsing with Rocoo DiSpirito on The Price Is Right!
Vote for Rocco Dispirito for America’s Favorite Chef 2014 on Kitchen Daily! Also find out 3 things you didn’t know about him! http://aol.it/1cNpDHm
The 47-year-old revealed to People magazine that his 6ft 1in frame used to tip the scales at 226lbs, causing his cholesterol to go through the roof.
my body is ready (gents)—> rocco dispirito
“You don’t need to have a fortune; it is about opening the door to friends and spending time with a bite to eat and a good bottle of wine.”
@KrisJennerShow Premiere with Cameron Mathison, Rocco DiSpirito @KrisJenner
Rocco Dispirito was just on Good Morning America this morning promoting his new web show Now Eat This. I had to see what the show was like and stumbled on the first episode in the web series. On the ‘Caprese Salad’; layers of Mozarella cheese and ripe tomatoes drizzled with Super Olive Oil, Rocco travels to Italy to get some of the finest tomatoes.
- 17 grams of fat
- 840 calories
- 6 grams of fat
- 133 calories
THIS IS AMAZING. If you love past but get frustrated by the calories and carbs that come with eating it, PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND WATCH THIS. It looks so fun to make to boot.
I love how he calls out Rachel on measuring out the olive oil. Rocco respects the calorie intake. I respect that, lol. He gets it.
- 3/4 cup ice
- 3 tablespoons egg white powder
- 6 ounces cold chicken breast, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 7 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 pinch red chili flakes (pepperoncino)
- 2 cups whole fresh ready to burst ripe tomatoes, cut into large dice
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano, freshly grated
- 16 leaves of fresh basil, torn by hand into small pieces
Makes 4 servings.
1. Boil 4 quarts of water in a large pot. Once the water is boiling add 2 tablespoons of salt. Preheat broiler. Place the ice and the egg white powder in the beaker of a blender, and blend on low speed until all the powder has dissolved, then add the chicken breast and blend on high speed until smooth and glossy. Place the contents of the blender into a squeeze bottle and set in the refrigerator.
2. Pour the olive oil into a large nonstick sauté pan and then lay out the garlic slices in one even layer over the top of the pan. Place the pan over medium to high heat and cook the garlic until it begins to brown, then move the pan to the middle rack of the oven under the broiler to continue to brown the top of the garlic, about 1 minute. Place the pan back on the stove and add red chili flakes and half the basil leaves, cook for 15 seconds and then add the tomatoes. Cook the tomatoes over medium heat until the sauce comes to a simmer and let cook until the sauce has slightly thickened but still loose, about 2 minutes. Add half of the cheese and stir it completely into the sauce and turn off the stove and season lightly with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
3. Turn the boiling water down to low heat and squeeze the chicken mixture out of the squeeze bottle in a steady stream into the boiling water into strands the same length as spaghetti, about 10 inches until there is no more room on the surface of the water. Let the noodles cook for 30 seconds then remove them with a strainer or spider, set them aside in a bowl and repeat until all of the chicken mixture is used.
4. Add the noodles to the pan and turn the heat to medium high heat. Toss the pasta to coat evenly with a heat resistant rubber spatula and cook until the sauce begins to cling to the noodles. Add the remaining basil and check seasoning. Plate the pasta on four separate plates and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Tip: Use a store-bought, fat free, no added sugar marinara sauce and you can make this meal in less then 10 minutes.
133 calories, 6.17g fat (2g sat, 3g mono, 1g poly), 6.25mg cholesterol, 114.75mg sodium, 4.575g carbohydrates, 1.1g fiber, 13.05g protein